For those of you who don’t know me, I’m a very goal-oriented person. I make lists upon lists and the highlight (okay, maybe one of several highlights) is checking them off.
In just 3 weeks, I will be turning 30 so I thought I would take some time to reflect and stumbled upon this note in my drafts from July 2017.
I thought turning 25 was a big deal – I made a bucket list of things I needed to do before I turned 25. Granted it was only created a few weeks prior to my birthday, I was disappointed that I didn’t accomplish everything on the list. But, what I didn’t realize was that I’d accomplish SO much more than I ever would at the age of 25 the I could have imagined.
To name a few:
- Began a masters program at NYU
- Got promoted at my current job
- Traveled to London and Ireland (separately)
- Ran my first 8K, 10K, and half marathon
- Finally reinvested in retainers (Yes, I’m a braces veteran)
- Made new friends
- Became my sister’s Maid of Honor
- Survived another move in NYC
It’s amazing to see how much I’ve done within the past year. This also made me anxious for turning 26. How can I ever top that?
I can’t believe how much has changed since I was 25. Since writing that post I have really worked toward more of my goals, some of which I never thought would actually happen.
- Completed my masters program
- Moved to Madrid, Spain
- Improved my Spanish
- Ran a full marathon (and several more half marathons)
- Hiked the Inka trail and started going on monthly hikes
- Started wearing my retainers after a 2 year break (oops!)
- Watched my sister get married, and adopt a dog with her husband
- Traveled to many countries
Re-reading what I wrote makes me so excited for what will happen in the next few years. Here’s to the next adventure and endless possibilities!